The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine is currently seeking a Patient Services Intermediate Float to assist in the delivery of patient care services for patients followed by the Disease Management Special Programs. These include Adult Congenital Heart, Device, Heart Failure, Pre- and Post-Transplant, and Pulmonary Hypertension. This may require travel to various units within Cardiovascular Medicine, including EKG Clinic in the CVC and Anti-Coagulation Clinic at Domino’s Farm.
1. Follow schedule and/or real-time instructions from leadership to provide coverage in designated areas as assigned.
2. Provide prompt, courteous, and appropriate phone triage for patients.
3. Provide complex clerical support services for the department clinical staff including obtaining medical records from multiple healthcare centers, retrieval of patient labs, and recording labs into patient’s records.
4. Create and route messages and telephone encounters to various care teams.
5. Schedule regular, new patient, and research appointments with multiple providers/disciplines and diagnostic areas.
6. Work with various specialty pharmacies providing needed data for patient medications.
7. Prepare and distribute patient education materials and other general office functions ie. Fax server monitoring, copy and image documents etc.
8. Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 3-4 years of experience.
- Excellent phone management and customer service skills, including telephone triage is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Positive, can do attitude is required.
- Willingness and openness to new ideas and processes that improve patient care. Strives to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem by offering constructive, creative ideas.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good attendance record.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to navigate between systems.
- Understands and demonstrates the core concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC), including: Respect and Dignity, Information Sharing, Participation, and Collaboration.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work appropriately.
- Three to five years previous experience in clinical and clerical health care setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MiChart, Epic, Cadence , Outlook, and Aspect phone experience preferred.
- Ability to navigate between systems.
- Customer service training.
40 hours, full-time. Days, Monday through Friday. Hours 8:00-4:30 with possible rotation to cover 8:30-5:00 occasionally as well.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.