How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This position is integral to the success of the Richard L. Postma Family Clubhouse, that opened April 2017. Successfully managing our event business requires strong collaboration with special events, golf operations, and our dining partners. Customer focus, facility management, and marketing are fundamental to this role.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service fitting of our culture and brand.
- Collaborates with Special Events, M Dining and Golf Course facility to ensure a successful flow and communication between all stakeholders.
- Partners with golf operations to promote cross-over customers, efficiently utilize shared staff and create a seamless operation.
- Attends weekly planning meetings to ensure all event needs are identified and then executed.
- Scheduling and supervising of set up staff in an efficient manner to accomplish room flips that match customer’s expectations.
- Manage cleaning service to maintain the new facility to a highest level possible.
- Process rental payments and maintain financial trackers.
- Working knowledge of point of sale system to support and sell merchandise.
- Field and tour rental inquiries for the Postma Clubhouse.
- Facility point person during events including assisting with audio visual, monitoring HVAC comfort levels, and providing a safe and secure venue for our guests.
- Other duties assigned by the Operations Manager, Director of Special Events, or General Manager.
- Comply with NCAA, Big Ten, and U of M regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Must thrive working in a collaborative team environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Demonstrated passion for working in banquet/conference operations, customer service or a related field.
- Self-starter that seeks opportunities to provide innovative ideas and ways to improve existing practices.
- Proven customer service capabilities including patience, attentiveness, and anticipating guests needs before they are voiced/presented.
- Attention to detail, commitment to follow through, eye for perfect.
- Must be professional and possess exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must possess clear communication skills, both written and oral.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office, Powerpoint and Excel (Photoshop is a plus).
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work and execute in high pressure situations.
- Flexibility to work unusual hours including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- 30 to 40 hours per week.
- Working evening and holidays to be expected.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.