This position will provide direct supervision and fundamental basketball instruction to children ages 7 to 14 throughout each day of basketball camp. Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Serve as supervisor and positive role model for children attending basketball camp
- Display enthusiasm, sense of humor and patience
- Assist daily in setting-up gym floor before camp starts and breaking down the gym floor when camp ends
- Prepare materials needed and assist in conducting fundamental basketball drills at selected stations, clean-up as needed
- Continually assess camper behavior, enforce camp policies and procedures and apply appropriate behavior management techniques when necessary
- Assist daily with coaching teams, officiating games, and scorekeeping while distributing game play time equally amongst all campers
- Follow all safety regulations and implement emergency procedures as necessary.
High school diploma and previous sports experience.
UM-Flint student; experience as a basketball player or coach preferred with understanding of basic basketball rules.
Camp Dates: June 18-21, and June 25-28, 2018
Work Hours: 8:30 am to 12:30 pm
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.