How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The purpose of the Events and Game Presentation team is to engage, inspire and entertain our audience by producing exciting, unique and memorable experiences, while maintaining the University of Michigan brand and its traditions; to create an emotional connection between the fans, the teams and the student-athletes, through a deep understanding of the University of Michigan community.
The Fan Experience Assistant is responsible for assisting with the overall fan experience and game presentation to enhance the fan and student-athlete experience at Michigan athletic events and increase audience engagement through creativity and innovation, continuous improvement, brand consistency and collaborative processes.
- Develop new concepts and coordinate activations that enhance the game day presentation for assigned sports including themes, promotions, interactive elements, video features, sponsor content and traditional elements.
- Produce and write game scripts, PA scripts and timelines that storyboards the events and enables a seamless execution of all game presentation elements.
- Schedule and coordinate event entertainment (halftime/intermission acts, national anthem singers, etc.), including all logistics such as travel/transportation, parking, credentials, tickets and rehearsals.
- Create music playlists for designated teams and events.
- Manage and schedule game day staffing including DJ, PA announcer and student interns.
- Increase attendance and drive ticket sales at games through collaboration with the ticket sales and ticket operations departments to create, coordinate, and execute game day ticket promotions, season ticket holder events, youth clinics and events, and group sales initiatives.
- Assist with student events and promotions that drive engagement and increase attendance at events and games.
- Order and purchase promotional items (giveaways, prizes, merchandise) for the purpose of enhancing the fan experience, engaging the audience or increasing attendance at games and events.
- Coordinate and communicate all game day logistics, events and timing with the facilities and event management teams prior to the season, in addition to follow-up before each event.
- Assist with the development and management of the event and game presentation budget, specifically pertaining to assigned sports.
- Staff and operate video boards (graphics and videos) during various home events, where applicable.
- Assist with video board graphic content creation for all applicable sports and events, including but not limited to head shots, feature opens, informational slides, sponsor elements and promotional graphics.
- Assist with office and administrative duties, including presentations, recaps, mailings, name cards, labels, etc.
- Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- A bachelor’s degree is required and a graduate degree preferred. A minimum of one to two years’ experience working in a collegiate or professional sports environment.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with ability to initiate, analyze, monitor, evaluate and advance strategic plans and programs that support the Athletic Department mission.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with multiple patrons in a positive and productive manner while maintaining integrity and adhering to the compliance rules of the NCAA, Big Ten, and University of Michigan Athletic Department.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in Adobe Design applications, including Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
- Experience with video board operation (Crossfire, Blaze) preferred.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for up to 6 hours at a time.
- Demonstrated ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituency groups and to work collaboratively with colleagues in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing environment, with the ability to effectively adapt and be flexible.
- Experience working with and/or supervising undergraduate students.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a positive, team oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and meet challenging and changing deadlines.
- Strong commitment to the student athlete experience.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.