How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
HITS’s Enterprise Device Engineering and Management (EDEM) team seeks a highly-skilled and experienced Business Systems Analyst who has the versatility to apply one’s skills toward cross- functional support for multiple enterprise-wide strategic projects and departmental objectives while primary role will be working on initiatives in support of EDEM’s engineering projects and service offerings.
This individual will perform business analysis, technical evaluation, and documentation duties primarily related to Microsoft Office, Windows, and VMware/Citrix. Opportunities may exist to work on other departmental projects based on current work load and needs. The candidate will participate in the development of supporting process and procedures. Presentation, training, and technical documentation abilities for audiences at all levels in the organization are required. The successful candidate will have experience providing support for the operational framework of a large healthcare IT organization, managing vendor contracts, and customer relationships. Desirable candidates will have experience utilizing LEAN methodology (or similar) in their approach to business analysis.
Intermediate Position Requirements:
A bachelor's degree or better in Information Systems or a related field. Three years+ of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated ability to perform business analysis skills: document business requirements, create scope documents and standard operating procedures, conduct technical evaluations, and perform design and process analysis. Ability to work collaboratively with teams of all sizes. Ability to multi-task medium to complex work assignments. Excellent communication skills, professional image, confidence in dealing with complex business situations.
- Is organized, detail oriented with strong communication, planning, reporting and follow-up skills
- Has extensive experience using and supporting the Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Visio, SharePoint and Google collaboration tools
- Has extensive experience troubleshooting, finding root causes, and resolving complex IT and business process problems
- Demonstrates time management skills to work with multiple projects at various stages of development
- Demonstrates the ability to lead meetings, take minutes, track key decision points, prioritize deliverables, and maintain issues lists.
- Demonstrates the ability to investigate and collect information to analyze the underlying needs of the organization
- Has experience with vendor and customer relationship management
- Works effectively within a team
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrates a high level of commitment and integrity
- Maintains a positive attitude while working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
Associate Position Requirements:
- Associates degree or significant work toward a Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- IT healthcare experience that includes information system design, workflow and process analysis, change management, system interface and application integration, and peer/customer/vendor relationship management
- Experience with LEAN methodologies
- Background in JCAHO, health care compliance and electronic medical records management, organizational maturity model, etc.
- Experience with ITIL, Microsoft Operating Framework (MOF), or ISO
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.