Assist faculty researchers with their computer science, engineering, or physics research project(s).
Current undergraduate UM student or recently graduated UM student not currently enrolled in a graduate program.
Successful completion of, or current enrollment for, sufficient academic work in discipline(s) applicable to the position i.e., math, physics, computer science, and/or engineering coursework necessary to carry out the job duties
- Specific skill set based on the scope of the project. Some examples include the ability to create charts in Excel, computer programming skills, ability to prepare and edit reports, book chapters and other documents, ability to review existing theories and models
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to prioritize, pay close attention to detail, follow through with tasks, and work as part of a team of professionals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentiality
This temprorary position is limited to UM-Flint Students. The number of hours worked will vary according to specific requirements.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.