The Department of Radiation Oncology is looking for a Radiation Therapist on a contingent basis. This individual would administer doses of radiation as prescribed by the radiation oncologist for the treatment of disease, utilizing ionizing radiation producing equipment.
The essential characteristic duties and responsibilities include:
- Administer megavoltage x-ray and electron beam treatments.
- Provide education and instructions to patients and families regarding treatment procedures, skin marks, diet, self-care.
- Maintain equipment in clean and proper working order.
- Perform quality assurance procedures on all equipment.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records of patient care.
- Assure the safety of patients and staff while in radiation areas.
- Communicate patient information to Radiation Oncologist, Nurse, Dosimetrist and other appropriate personnel.
- Perform weekly imaging and x-ray port films or cone beams.
- Report any treatment deviations, variances or near misses.
- Provide clinical training to radiation therapy students and visitors.
- Operate a CT simulator to assist in basic responsibilities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Is able to perform duties in a team atmosphere
This position requires moderate standing/walking, as well as lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring of patients
- Currently enrolled in an accredited program in Radiation Therapy Technology.
- Registration or registry-eligible in radiation therapy by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists is necessary.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.