How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Provides moderately complex to complex technical support according to overall project goals as developed by Principal Investigator
- Assists in evaluating research methods, procedures, and techniques based on established objectives
- Provides assistance in manipulating, computing, and analyzing data
- Performs a variety of tests, using both routine and special techniques and methods
- Assists in report writing and participates in weekly laboratory meetings
- Sets up equipment and materials for experiments
- Maintains laboratory inventory and research equipment
- Assists in laboratory compliance with CLIA, OSHA, affirmative action and bio-safety requirements
- May assemble, test calibrate, clean or make minor repairs to equipment
- Works in collaboration with Principal Investigator on other projects as needed
- Bachelor of Science Degree and 1-3 years experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as a member of our team
- Excellent attendance, ability to prioritize appropriately and exercise good judgment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and proficiency or ability to learn laboratory based software systems
- Previous laboratory experience with a minimum of one year experience in the field of microbiology, molecular biology, and/or immunology
- Working knowledge of principles of molecular biology, microbiology, and immunology
- Demonstrated ability to teach and/or train students, junior laboratory personnel in laboratory techniques and/or protocols
- Reasonable knowledge of University research policies and procedures
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, references and previous performance evaluations
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.