How to Apply
The University of Michigan-Flint Physical Therapy Department is seeking applications for a 12-month faculty position as an Assistant/Associate Professor (tenure track position) with expertise in musculoskeletal physical therapy. This faculty member could potentially teach in the Professional (entry-level) Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) and Transitional Doctor of Physical Therapy (tDPT) and/or PhD in Physical Therapy. Rank is commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach a letter of application as the first page of the curriculum vitae. The letter should address specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the position. Complete the online application and upload the curriculum vitae.
For additional information contact:
Ellen L. Buchholz, MPA, BBA, PT Department Business Administrator, 303 E. Kearsley Street, 2157 WSW, Flint, MI 48502-1950; (810)762-3373, firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Candidate must be licensed or regulated in a United States jurisdiction as a physical therapist.
2. Graduate of CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Preparation Program in Physical Therapy.
3. Academic Doctoral Degree (PhD, EdD, DSc, etc.).
4. 3 years cumulative clinical practice (part-time or full-time) in musculoskeletal physical therapy.
5. Teaching experience in an academic higher learning environment.
6. Record of scholarship (presentations and manuscripts).
7. Record of mentoring students in research.
8. Record of involvement in professional activities.
1. ABPTS specialization in orthopedics is preferred.
2. Record of grant funding preferred.
3. Record of mentoring PhD students in research preferred.
The Physical Therapy Department would like to hire an Associate Professor but will accept an Assistant Professor if no candiates meet the Associate Professor criteria.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.