How to Apply
The University of Michigan-Flint Physical Therapy Department is seeking applications for a 12-month faculty position as an Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor (clinical track position) with expertise in orthopedic physical therapy. This faculty member will teach in the Professional (entry-level) Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) and post-professional programs. Rank is commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach a letter of application as the first page of the curriculum vitae/resume. The letter should address specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the position and complete the online application and upload the curriculum vitae/resume.
For additional information, please contact:
Ellen L. Buchholz, MPA, BBA, PT Department Business Administrator, University of Michigan-Flint, School of Health Professions and Studies, 303 E. Kearsley St., 2157 WSW, Flint, MI 48502-1950; (810) 762-3373, email@example.com
1. Candidate must be licensed or regulated in a United States jurisdiction as a physical therapist.
2. Graduate of CAPTE (or its equivalent) Accredited Professional Preparation Program in Physical Therapy.
3. Doctoral degree in relevant discipline.
4. Contemporary expertise in orthopedics physical therapy.
5. 3 years cumulative clinical practice (part-time or full-time)
6. Teaching experience (clinical or academic).
7. Demonstrated involvement and/or interest in scholarship.
8. Record of involvement in professional activities.
ABPTS specialization in orthopedics is preferred.
The Physical Therapy Department would like to hire a Clinical Associate Professor but will accept a Clinical Assistant Professor if no candidates meet the Clinical Associate Professor criteria.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.