- Manage Director’s complex meeting and travel calendar and make all travel arrangements for Director, MCTP faculty, and any visitors to the Center. Assure materials and back-up for all meetings and conference calls are available prior to meetings for reference.
- Submit expenses for reimbursement to Concur, HHMI, or sponsoring agency for Director and all MCTP faculty, trainees, students, and staff
- Arrange all MCTP meetings and events, including catering and room reservations and assuring AV equipment is set-up as needed.
- Arrange for visitors to MCTP making arrangements for travel and accommodations.
- Update Director’s CV on a regular basis.
- Track awards, publications, patents, etc. for inclusion in annual report
- Screen telephone calls and handle mail and route as necessary
- Enter all P-Card and expense reimbursements into Concur and process non-PO vouchers in M-Pathways for the Center
- Process all MTAs and NDAs through eResearch.
- Maintain lab phone list
- Continually provide Center Administrator with valuable information related to day to day matters that arise on-site to assist in Center administration.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
- 5 or more years of administrative support experience
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines and work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to analyze, manage and appropriately prioritize scheduling for an extremely busy calendar.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong proof reading and grammar skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, showing sound judgement based upon experience, and the capability to work as part of a team in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Excellent phone and communication skills
- Demonstrated strong Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) skills.
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of University policy, rules and regulations is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with Concur, Outlook and Other University of Michigan IT systems is desired.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
MCTP employs genomic, proteomic, and bioinformatics approaches on clinical biospecimens to identify novel cancer biomarkers and therapeutic targets. The mission of the Center is to facilitate the discovery, validation, and implementation of candidate target genes/proteins in cancer diagnosis, prognosis, and therapy. The Center employs a multi-disciplinary approach, engaging talent from diverse disciplines ranging from medicine, pathology, bioinformatics, biostatistics, engineering, cytogenetics, and molecular therapeutics.
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.