This position will primarily involve listening to brief snippets of recorded speech (10-20 seconds) and transcribing the speech. This work is part of a research project which uses mobile technology to help predict changes in mood states. The individual in this position may also listen to brief snippets of speech and rate them according to valence (positive or negative) and energy. Other duties, such as data entry, as assigned. The position is temporary and part-time. Individuals may work 10-30 hours a week.
- Listen to brief snippets of recorded speech and transcribe
- Rate brief snippets of recorded speech according to energy and valence
- Other duties as assigned
- No previous transcription experience required
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and process management skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maximum collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to safeguard the confidentiality of patient information at all time.
- Uphold departmental policies regarding confidentiality information.
- Research experience
- Transcription experience
4250 Plymouth Rd., Rachel Upjohn Building
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.