How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. In your cover letter, please indicate how you discovered this opportunity.
Title: Event Services Assistant
Department: University and Development Events, Office of University Development
Hours: Part Time, 25-35 hrs/week
Experience Range: 1 to 3 Years
Assignment duration: June 11, 2018 – November 30, 2018 (likely extension into early January 2019)
The Office of University and Development is seeking an Event Services Assistant for a series of deadline-driven projects in conjunction with activities and events surrounding the University of Michigan 2018 football season.
- Payment Processing
- Database navigation
- Front-line customer service via phone and email
- Shipping arrangements
- Copy editing, formatting, and proofreading
- Preparation of suite briefings
Skills & Experience:
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Great customer service
- Commitment to quality and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time
- Ability be adaptive and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with credit card processing
- Experience working with sensitive or confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), including experience with mail merge
- Database experience preferred, but not required
- Proficient at use of internet search platforms, Google Chrome, Gmail and Google Drive
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to two years of clerical and/or customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality
- Must be flexible with work hours and scheduling
For additional information about this position and to review other current openings in Development, please visit our website at: www.giving.umich.edu/careers.
The Office of University Development maximizes private support for the University of Michigan through high-quality collaboration with the development programs of schools, colleges, and units. We also provide fundraising leadership through the stimulation and facilitation of healthy, productive and life-long relationships with our colleagues, alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
The U-M development community is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and thriving workforce, and demonstrating respect and inclusivity for all.
Although the Posting End Date may indicate otherwise, this job may be filled and closed anytime after a posting duration of seven calendar days.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.