- Purchase lab supplies/stocking and organizing lab
- Maintaining lab equipment
- Perform research either independently or supervised, providing data for manuscripts and grants
- Analyze complex data using statistical approaches to identify significant differences
- Analyze and present journal articles at lab meeting
- Edit, write and/or review manuscripts and grants
- Assist graduate students and postdoctoral fellows with routine lab procedures such as plasmid preps, cell purification and flow cytometry
Bachelor's degree required. Experience with viral vectors including retroviral vectors is essential. Experience with tissue culture cells and fluorescence confocal microscopy is also required.
- Intermediate Level: Bachelor's degree in science and 1-3 years experience required.
- Associate Level: Bachelor's degree in science and up to one year of experience required.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.