How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Michigan Multimedia (M3) is presently engaged in several web development projects, including efforts for HITS, Human Resources and Ambulatory Care Services. Selected interns will have the opportunity to participate in one or two of these efforts over the course of their tenure. M3 will take into consideration intern interests, objectives, goals, expertise and experience with regard to specific project participation. Each intern will shadow a Web Project Manager and assist with website project development, client relationship management, usability methods, analytics and reporting.
Work, in the form of analysis, reports or recommendations, developed by the selected intern(s) will be made available for ongoing review by M3 supervisory staff in order to provide feedback and opportunities for growth. The intern will be expected, at the close of their term, to document results and to report them in the form of a presentation to the M3 team and/or client team. High quality work will depend on strong motivation, self-discipline and collaborative partnerships working side-by side with M3 team members and our clients.
We are looking for students who are:
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated and self-directed
- Have a passion for delivering good experience to users
- Have experience conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Have the ability to draw important insights from analyzing large amounts of data
Outcomes for Interns
Students can expect to gain experience:
- Interns will gain direct experience in developing, maintaining and managing client relationships.
- Interns will use principles of user experience in a supportive environment to utilize usability methods, such as card sort activities, affinity mapping, survey design and administration, persona(e) design, and user and stakeholder interviews.
- Interns will be provided instruction and handson learning opportunities with web analytics, primarily through the usage of Google Analytics and CrazyEgg, and user research leveraging the Optimal Workshop platform.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.