How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume.The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Procurement Services has an exciting opportunity for an Office Manager. This position will provide administrative support of a highly responsible, sensitive and confidential nature to the Procurement Services team as well as manage the Administrative Support team within Procurement Services. This position requires an energetic and self-motivated person that is comfortable working in a fast paced environment where he/she must manage multiple projects concurrently. This position will work closely with the director, management and staff at all levels.
- Supervise the building manager and staff who answer the Procurement Services/Wolverine Tower published telephone number and walk up visitors to a number of customer counters/windows, triage and direct requests as appropriate. Answer customer and supplier phone calls; responding and resolving issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four or more years of progressively responsible office experience in administrative roles
- Experience in functional or direct supervision of staff and the skills to motivate and engage staff that supports the organization.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and dependability are essential.
- Strong analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize information, solve administrative problems, and prioritize assignments.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to successfully work with all levels of staff.
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to type at 60 wpm
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to function effectively in an active, engaging environment
- Ability to critically think to solve problems in an innovative manner to find win-win solutions.
- Must be able adapt to changing priorities and deadlines and effectively collaborate within Procurement, Finance and across the University community.
Procurement Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning."
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.