How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Procurement Services has an exciting opportunity to employ a Service Delivery Analyst to design, build and deliver technical, customer service, and customer outreach programs to meet the operational needs of the Procurement Services organization. This position will be responsible for refining existing coaching/mentoring programs, identifying ongoing knowledge/skill needs of staff, and implementing solutions to meet the needs of our employees and customers. This position will report to the Service & Performance Support Manager and work closely with all teams across Procurement Services and our customers.
This role requires someone with a passion for engaging, educating, and empowering employees and customers. A history of success in a service-oriented environment along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams to measurably improve service levels and/or process efficiency is required.
- Collaborate with supervisors and employees and analyze available data to understand operational coaching and development needs of Procurement Services staff and customers.
- Provide support for frontline staff to ensure they are aware of latest workflows, services, and customer service practices.
- Utilize instructional design principles to refine and develop programs best-suited to address day to day operational needs.
- Conduct/facilitate events (could be informal coaching and mentoring sessions or instructor-led) for the purpose of building and sustaining staff skills in customer service, communication, service recovery, continuous improvement, process/technology changes, and other related topics.
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics of instructor-led events, including room reservations, participant scheduling, production of support materials, and post-session evaluations.
- Facilitate a variety of meetings and activities for the purpose of raising awareness about available procurement educational programs, rollout plans, and historical results.
- Provide documentation, create simulations, e-learning courses, videos, and change management and/or communication plans.
- Demonstrate relationship building and effective communication skills, working in a school/college/unit, through active listening and frequent communication with department staff, resulting in understanding customer needs, creating buy-in for enhancements, and collaboration with department staff.
- Maintain expert knowledge of customer service tools and resources to ensure consistency across the organization and sharing of best practices.
- Effectively utilize analytical and creative problem solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills through status reviews, updates and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of four years experience in organizational development, which includes demonstrated skills in instructional design, learning principles, or related role.
- Demonstrated experience providing direct customer support/service or coaching others in a similar environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) as demonstrated by the ability to translate complex topics into clear and engaging presentations/documentation.
- Proven ability to define and implement small to medium scale projects with a focus on cost, quality, and schedule.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to function effectively in an active, engaging environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to build successful relationships with a wide variety of people at all levels.
Procurement Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning."
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.