How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Mcubed is a research funding initiative that catalyzes innovative research and scholarship by distributing real-time seed funding to multi-unit faculty and student research teams without a traditional review process. Every school and college across the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor and Dearborn campuses participates in Mcubed. To date, Mcubed has funded almost 500 interdisciplinary research teams. The next funding cycle, Mcubed 3.0, opens in the fall of 2018 and will expand to include faculty from the U-M Flint campus and Northern Michigan University. Mcubed is housed in the University of Michigan Office of Research (UMOR) and is a part of the Third Century Initiative, established by the president and provost.
This position reports to the Mcubed Associate Director and provides administrative support to a department of professional staff members.
- Manage Mcubed Director and Managing Director’s calendars; provide calendar support/scheduling assistance for broader Mcubed team, including meetings with high-level UM administrators, partners from other universities, donors, and industry leaders
- Reserve meeting rooms, catering, and AV on campus and at off-site locations
- Coordinate Skype, Bluejeans or other conference calls
- Arrange meetings and presentations with businesses that are interested in Director’s research
- Interface with UM Office of Technology Transfer to ensure protection of Mcubed faculty members’ intellectual property and to support Mcubed Director’s patent and licensing applications
- Coordinate lab tours for Director; work with College of Engineering staff to host visiting students, prospective faculty, PhD candidates, and companies
- Prepare and assemble meeting materials
- Handle day-to-day operational tasks, such as ordering of office supplies, maintaining a neat office environment, and liaising with vendors
- Support Mcubed team in the planning and production of symposia and events
- Participate in the collection, tracking, and analyzing of data
- Engage in data entry tasks and database management
- Assist with updating Mcubed website content
- Assist with producing marketing, promotional, and communications materials
- Book travel for Mcubed team members
- Prepare expense reports and reconcile P-Cards for directors and all Mcubed staff
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Assist in outreach and publicity efforts as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent administrative experience required
- Broad knowledge of UM policies and procedures
- Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty and staff
- Ability to work independently while exercising sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize key tasks
- Excellent computing skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and UM Business Objects
- Excellent communication skills
NOTE: This position is a term-limited appointment, concluding on June 30, 2020, with the possibility of renewal.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.