Seeking a highly motivated and organized research assistant whose responsibilities will include database management, patient specimen procurement, preparation, storage, packaging and shipment. The candidate will coordinate and perform data collection (primarily from medical records), data entry, and data analysis (including preparation of research and summary reports) related to a Departmental Database. In addition to these primary responsibilities this individual will also be expected to spend a portion of their time assisting with the overall functioning of the laboratory.
- Requires the Bachelor’s Degree in a health science discipline, such as public health, microbiology, biochemistry, anatomy, pathology or medical technology and the ability to translate, adapt and apply this knowledge to current scientific questions.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- A combination of education and progressively responsible work experience such that one can perform independent work in a health science field a definite plus.
- Applicants should have some knowledge of specific data management.
- Excellent organizational, writing, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- The applicant should be detail-oriented with a willingness to learn new skills and work independently.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in database programs are helpful.
Entry level Position - Half-Time with potential for full time Pending Funding
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.