How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should be addressed to Hiring Manager and address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Answer all incoming calls to the Appointment Office/Information Center
- Register and schedule new patients into the School of Dentistry MiDent computer system. Triage, register and schedule emergency patients using the School of Dentistry MiDent system
- Respond to inquiries (e.g. dental school/department policy, procedure, location, hours of operation), from patients, students, faculty and staff; verify and update information (e.g., demographic, financial medical) to insure patient is properly registered into the School of Dentistry management system
- Assist supervisor with various assigned projects
- Assist with training of new office staff in all areas of the Appointment office
Candidate should have experience with computer appointment scheduling systems. One to two years experience in a dental or medical office scheduling patient appointments and using a computerized data base system. Strong telephone and customer service skills required. Able to prioritize, work independently and maintain confidentiality in a teamwork environment. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent attention to detail. Excellent ability to multi task. Excellent punctuality and attendance record.
Knowledge of dental terminology is desired.
This position is for the School of Dentistry located at 1011 N University Ave.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
MDentistry: advancing health through education, service, research and discovery.
MDentistry Core Values: Compassion, Leadership, Excellence, Responsibility, Trust, Creativity and Inclusion
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.