How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is accepting applications for an Assistant Swimming Coach for the Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Programs. This position reports directly to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach and is responsible to perform duties in accordance with University, NCAA and Conference rules, regulations and policies.
- Support student-athletes in pursuit of academic goals.
- Contribute to the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
- Train and develop student-athletes to compete at the highest level.
- Assist with team training plans and competition strategies.
- Serve as a liaison to assigned support units and represent the Swimming and Diving program at various University functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous coaching and/or swimming experience at the NCAA Division I level or higher.
- Ability to identify and recruit qualified prospects who can succeed academically and athletically.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff within Michigan Athletics and the University community.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.