The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Division of Electrophysiology is currently seeking a temporary Patient Services Associate to assist in the delivery of patient care services for patients followed by the Electrophysiology and Cardiovascular Disease Management programs.
- Establish and maintain a liaison of direct contact with faculty, fellows, charge nurses, and supervisors. Provide prompt, courteous and appropriate phone triage for patients.
- Monitor forms and supply inventory and place orders as needed.
- Schedule multiple coordinated patient appointments with multiple providers/disciplines and diagnostic/procedural areas and communicate as needed to team members.
- Maintain and tabulate clinic data as needed.
- Proactively initiates and leads in lean process and quality improvement plans and patient safety activities.
- Provide complex clerical support services for the EP Clinical Care Coordinator staff including obtaining very specific medical records from multiple healthcare centers.
- Schedule appointments.
- Data entry and appropriate distribution of patient results.
- Managing incoming correspondences and other paperwork.
- Scanning medical records into the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Assist with obtaining prior authorizations and completing insurance paperwork as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is necessary.
Minimum of three to five years previous experience in clinical and clerical health care setting is required. Excellent phone management and customer service skills, including telephone triage is required. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams. Demonstrated ability to work independently. Willingness and openness to new ideas and processes that improve patient care. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with a positive attitude are desired. Good attendance record helpful. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel and ability to navigate between systems. Demonstrated experience in change management.
Understands and demonstrates the core concepts of Patient and Family Centered Care (PFCC), including: Respect and Dignity, Information Sharing, Participation, and Team Collaboration.
Demonstrated proficiency with MiChart, Epic, Cadence , Optime, Outlook experience preferred and ability to navigate between systems. Positive attitude. Customer service training. Knowledge of Patient Family Centered Care.
40 hours, full-time. Days, Monday through Friday. Hours 8:00 -5:00 with possible rotation of hours as well. This position is located in the Cardiovascular Building floor 2A.
We, the staff and faculty of the U-M Cardiovascular Center (CVC) team, are committed to advancing medicine and serving humanity through living and teaching our core values of Respect and Compassion; Collaboration; Innovation; and Commitment to Excellence.
Each CVC employee is expected to understand and demonstrate that in every interaction we represent our entire organization in the care we provide and in the courtesies we extend to patients, families, and each respective team member. The CVC is dedicated to partnering with patients and families to deliver the safest and highest quality of health care. Applicants are expected to review the following PowerPoint presentation which provides an overview of the Cardiovascular Center's philosophy and culture:
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.