How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
As a member of the Ross Registrar’s Office & Financial Aid unit, the Evaluator will assist with maintaining student records for Ross School of Business students in all our degree programs. This position will provide careful review and analysis of transcripts for determining academic credit and eligibility for degrees as well as data support and analysis for degree processing and academic records keeping. The Evaluator works with central campus offices for degree processing and records updates. In addition, this position will provide support to unit as needed.
Contributes to our positive and inclusive work community by building trusting partnerships across the school, continually learning, creating impactful experiences, and working with a sense of ownership for outcomes. Approaches this work with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treating others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
Student Records Maintenance
• Maintain record updates in M-Pathways, processing partial credit work, recording BBA Minors, maintaining records on shared documents.
• Process athletic certification forms.
• Oversee maintenance of degree audit structures for all Ross degree programs, including updates and creation of audits for new programs.
• Maintain and update individual student degree audits including entering exceptions, milestones, and waivers into M-Pathways.
• Coordinate Repetition and Sequence checks and track problematic audit concerns
• Coordinate readmission processes for Ross graduate and undergraduate students and for non-degree applicants.
• Run weekly queries to identify registration violations. Follow up with students and update records as appropriate.
Degree Processing for April, August, and December
• Oversee process for graduation for all Ross degree programs (BBA, MBA, MAcc, MM, MSCM, and Executive MBA).
• Coordinate team review of final degree audits.
• Prepare tentative and final degree lists.
• Update/maintain degree status and assign academic honors in M-Pathways.
BBA Credit Evaluation
• Evaluate external transfer credits for all BBA students and internal transfer credits for incoming cross-campus transfer students.
• Coordinate with the University Registrar’s Office and the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to post approved credits to student records and ensure transfer credit limits are applied appropriately.
• Provide support to the Ross Registrar’s Office (phone, email, drop-ins) and Financial Aid staff (data entry, spreadsheets) and on additional projects and tasks as needed
•Minimum 1 year of work experience in higher education
•Must be proficient with Excel.
•Must have excellent attention to detail, organization and an ability to concentrate and focus on multiple tasks at one time with numerous interruptions.
•Must possess professional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well under pressure with faculty, students and staff.
•Must be discreet, tactful and be able to work with sensitive material confidentially.
•Must possess demonstrated cooperation, flexibility and a teamwork attitude.
•Must be supportive of, and participate in, change initiatives to improve service, efficiencies and/or productivity.
•Experience maintaining student records at a higher education institution
•Demonstrated interest in and capability for learning new software applications.
•Experience with Business Objects query-building and data review.
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
• The person in this position routinely communicates with students about student records and financial aid.
• The person in this position occasionally moves through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.