How to Apply
The University of Michigan-Flint is seeking temporary employment services of a research assistant I working directly with a faculty member from the Physical Therapy Department, the position is primarily responsible for assisting in research related activities. This position is approximately 4 months duration (May – August 2017), with approximately 10- 15 hours per week. The number of hours worked will vary according to specific assignments and research participant availability. This position is not benefits eligible.
To be considered for this position, candidates must attach a cover letter as the first page of the resume. The cover letter should address specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to the position.
Specific duties would include but are not limited to the following: (1) Coordinate calendars and schedule meetings for research activities. (2) Develop, organize and disseminate marketing, publicity, outreach and related materials in support of approved research activities (3) Perform data collection and data entry for approved research activities. (4) Create, transcribe, edit, copy and collate documents in support of research. (5) Organize and maintain research files and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field such as physical therapy or nursing.
- Post graduate continuing education in the health field within the past 2 years.
- Proven ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, organization, and analytical skills. Candidates must be able to provide evidence/samples of technical writing upon request.
- Ability to work on weekends as needed
- Master’s degree or higher
- Experience conducting mobility assessments with older adults
- Experience working with senior communities and health care organizations.
- Experience working with cancer survivors.
- Must flourish in an environment that is highly flexible, collaborative, and requires a high degree of self-motivation
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon accepteance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance withthe Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. Thisjob will be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.