How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Looking for an exciting research experience in the area metabolism and diabetes research? We work on generating hormone-producing cells that function as if they belong to Superman. This has opened tremendous possibilities for new therapies and cure of diabetes. If you are interested in a fast-paced and stimulating experience – gap year?, switching form another lab position? – this might the position for you!
- Laboratory mouse breeding, tagging, tailing, PCR-based genotyping, tissue harvesting
- Laboratory mouse in vivo functional testing such as glucose tolerance testing
- Cell culture with cell passaging, transfection, protein and RNA and DNA harvest for downstream analysis using molecular biology techniques
- Molecular biology procedures: PCR, RT-qPCR, RNA and DNA extraction form cells and tissue samples, protein extraction from cells and tissue samples, immunoblot, immunoprecipitation, plasmid cloning and plasmid purification (preparation)
- Data collection, record keeping and input into computer database
- Laboratory maintenance (cleaning, autoclaving, service calls, repair calls) as necessary and directed
HS diploma or Associate Degree and 0-1 year experience required.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.