How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The School of Information (UMSI) is a progressive, interdisciplinary professional school offering a Bachelor of Science in Information, a Master of Science in Information, a Master of Health Informatics, and a Ph.D. Our mission is to create and share knowledge so that people will use information – with technology – to build a better world.
Reporting to the Facilities Coordinator, this position will be responsible for assisting with facilities-related questions and inquiries. The position will be mainly housed at North Quad, 105 S. State Street, however will be providing facilities support for all UMSI locations, which currently include 3 other offices in central campus.
For more information about UMSI, please visit our website.
- Assist with building maintenance and security issues, such as visual inspections (including satellite buildings) condition and daily observation of possible maintenance issues.
- Monitor ticketing system that organizes incoming requests from the UMSI community regarding maintenance, space, room reservations, construction, and other requests. Communicate with customers and follow up as necessary.
- Receive, evaluate, prioritize, communicate and respond to all other service requests in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of new and modification of existing standards and processes.
- Supports product adoption and business process transformation. Assists the Facilities Coordinator with developing and editing technical support knowledge base documentation.
- Assists with key maintenance, key requisitions, key returns, providing necessary accesses on Ccure system.
- Assist in office moves by scheduling, coordinating, and assisting with packing and labeling as requested. Communicate with moving vendors and occupants to ensure smooth process.
- Routinely deliver and move office supplies and maintains general building supplies. Disperses supplies to various areas as requested.
- Provide general office support including filing and organization of storage spaces.
- Order necessary supplies or equipment from Marketsite or other vendors.
- Help maintain the UMSI owned mini-vans including taking in for maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Help Facilities Coordinator ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and safety standards by reporting issues as they arise.
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, strong attention to detail and working independently to successfully assist customers.
- Ability to accurately enter data into various databases, and ticketing systems.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple tasks; meet multiple deadlines; and work collegially and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to meet the requirements of operating a University owned vehicle.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with a diverse clientele base is critical.
- Must be able to work independently, in open shared space, with minimal supervision efficiently and accurately.
- Demonstrated experience with various computer programs including Excel, Word, Google, CAD, FMS and CCure systems.
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Work hours are 8am - 4:30pm, although there may be flexibility in scheduling for the successful candidate. Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required. May occasionally require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
Will require travel to multiple locations on and off campus.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Physical requirements may vary depending on day and staffing levels, and tasks that must be performed in emergency situations.
- The person in this position routinely moves furniture, equipment, or supplies weighing up to 40 pounds, and may occasionally transport materials that may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to navigate buildings including stairwells, study areas, study rooms, labs, common areas and other part of the building as part of maintenance walkthroughs.
- Occasionally ascend/descend ladders to investigate issues.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.