How to Apply
A cover letter and resume are required. The cover letter must be PAGE 1 of your resume and should:
- Specifically outline the reasons for your interest in the position and
- Outline your particular skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Starting salary will vary depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Information and Technology Services (ITS) at the University of Michigan has an opportunity for a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst Senior on the Information Quest (IQ) team. This position is an integral part of a high performing and innovative team responsible for the Analytics and Business Intelligence domain within ITS. It includes Enterprise Data Warehouse, Business Objects, M-Reports, Tableau and other analytics tools. Our systems and solutions deliver to a wide cross-section of executive leaders, faculty and staff. Key duties of the role include:
- Consult with customers to analyze data requests and define business requirements
- Collaborate with data architects to design physical and logical data models
- Design data extract, transform and load (ETL) processes
- Deliver information by various mechanisms, such as portals, reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with team members and customers in all aspects of the business intelligence life cycle
- Provide end-user support for production reporting tools including problem investigation, escalation, resolution and customer communication
- Perform documentation, planning, testing, maintenance, implementation and upgrade activities for the business intelligence suite of tools
- Collaborate with application areas of ITS for support, testing and re-development of data sets, interfaces and reports sourcing from ITS-supported applications during updates and upgrades
For more information about ITS, please visit our website: Information and Technology Services (ITS).
As a BI Analyst Senior for the ITS Information Quest team at the University of Michigan, your position’s key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in the conceptualization and development of the cross-functional client/unit strategic objectives, business processes, and initiatives that drive or increase organizational value.
- Manage and/or administer the design and development of data structures and data extracts to support comprehensive data collection, loading, and extraction for complex analyses.
- Participate in strategic assessments to identify current/emerging business issues/problems and contribute to defining high impact business intelligence solutions with a focus on the quantitative methods, modeling and analytical techniques.
- Develop processes for capturing and maintaining metadata from all data warehousing components.
- Lead and guide business process improvement discussions leading to advice on potential problem resolutions including gathering the support and resources for BI initiatives.
- Develop and present reports and definitions, graphs, dashboards, and portal interfaces appropriate for audience.
- Assist in identifying and leading change management processes for new/improved business processes/BI tools and resources.
- Ability to visualize and articulate the interrelationships of various types of data, from a variety of sources.
- Manage cross-functional unit projects and/or teams which include project planning, task management, status reporting, etc.
- Analyze, compare and evaluate various courses of action and have the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance, free from immediate direction, within the scope of their responsibilities.
- Primary activities and decision making authority are predominantly performed independently affecting business operations to a substantial degree.
While not limited to the following, in this role the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following organizational competencies:
- Creative Problem Solving / Strategic Thinking: Demonstrates the ability to prevent and effectively solve complex problems, using analysis, creative thinking and input from others to improve processes, solves problems and develops effective strategies.
- Quality Service: Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers in a manner that consistently meets the organization’s expectations for exemplary customer service. Demonstrates unwavering focus on aligning all activities to produce maximum value for the customer.
- Communications: Demonstrates the ability to communicate clearly and effectively via email, letters and in person to teams, customers and differing audiences. Uses appropriate methods of communication (face-to-face, etc.) to achieve desired results.
- Flexibility / Adaptability To Change: Understands and accepts the need for change, cooperates in implementation and constructively voices concerns and proposes alternatives.
- Business Objects design and reporting support
- Familiarity with MReports and the U-M data delivery environment
- Tableau Visualization/Analytics experience
The selected candidate may work with and/or support systems that maintain or process sensitive institutional data as defined by university policy. Successful candidates must comply with federal, state and local law, and/or university policies or agreements that require the university to implement specific privacy and security safeguards including, but not limited to: ITAR, EAR, HIPAA and FISMA.
Work Schedule and Locations
- Punctual, regular, and consistent attendance is required.
- May require on-call availability and may require working during non-business hours and on weekends.
- May require travel to various locations on and off campus.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The University of Michigan Information and Technology Services seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to maintain the excellence of the University and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan is committed to offering a high-quality benefits package to support faculty, staff and their families. Learn more about U-M benefits.
- The University of Michigan continues to be recognized nationally in the U.S. News & World Report’s annual rankings of the nation's best graduate schools for 2019. Among the programs ranked each year in America’s Best Graduate Schools — business, education, engineering, law, medicine and nursing — U-M maintained top-20 rankings in all six categories.
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 4 on Kiplinger’s 2018 list of 100 Best Values in Public Colleges, moving up one spot from last year.
- The University of Michigan is ranked No. 2 public university in the United States and 27th overall in a survey announced 09/27/2017 by The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education.
- The University of Michigan maintained its ranking as the No. 4 public university in U.S. News & World Report's 2018 annual list of the nation's best undergraduate colleges and universities.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.