The Physician Assistant will assist in inpatient rounding, planning, and coordinating of patient care. They will order/interpret tests, coordinate consultation, processing patient orders, and help with documentation. They will carry the floor pager for the shift. Outpatient clinic follow-up of patients discharged will also be undertaken. There will be opportunities to participate in minor surgical procedures, wound care, and therapeutic interventions. The PA orders and prescribes medications in accordance with statutes, rules and regulations of the State of Michigan. Participation in the educational activities of the ACS services is expected. This position will also offer the opportunity to collaborate with surgeons, nurses, and residents in quality assurance and performance improvement initiatives. These job duties may be modified depending on the needs of the Section of General Surgery and the Division of Acute Care Surgery
- Satisfactory completion of a Physician Assistant program accredited by Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) or one of its predecessor agencies, CAHEA or CAAHEP.
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification for Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Current license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- DEA, can be obtained post hire as part of credentialing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS), can be obtained post hire as part of credentialing
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a collaborative team is required
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Experience with a multidisciplinary team approach to patient care
- Excellent computing skills
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
* Required qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and considered for the position.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.