The College of Business, Dean’s Office is seeking a UM-Dearborn student to serve as Office Assistant. The selected candidate will provide clerical and receptionist support to the Dean’s Office Staff. The Office Assistant will perform detail-oriented office tasks with a high level of accuracy, quality, and professionalism.
- Current undergraduate degree-seeking student at UM-Dearborn
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Accurate data entry, typing and proofreading skills
- Good organizational skills
- Answer phone and greet guests in a professional manner
- Must follow confidentiality guidelines when handling private and personal information
- Sort and handle incoming mail
- Deliver and Pick-Up materials to/from campus offices as needed
- Prepare mailings and packages for shipping
- Prepare simple documents
- Scan, copy and/or fax documents
- Collate / file / archive materials as requested
- Provide clerical support to Dean’s staff
- Manage Office supplies
Additional duties as assigned
Some prior experience in clerical / office work is preferred. Knowledge of UM-Dearborn campus and knowledge of Google suite is preferred.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.