How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Also include your current or ending salary. Starting salary for this position may vary based upon qualifications and experience of the selected candidate, and the position may be filled as either an Applications Programmer Senior or Intermediate.
Facilities and Operations has an exciting opportunity to employ a .NET Applications Programmer Senior or Intermediate. This position will report to the Development Manager. This position requires a highly qualified individual who possesses both exceptional development and communication skills who will aid in the support of delivering innovative first class applications to the Facilities and Operations community.
For more information about Facilities and Operations, please visit our website: www.fo.umich.edu
The University of Michigan has visionary and passionate leadership and is voted routinely as one of the best places to work. Facilities and Operations sits at the heart of the University of Michigan and supports one of the largest facilities infrastructures in higher education. Become part of the Michigan Difference!
The ideal candidate will design, implement, and test C# (C Sharp) applications to support our AiM CMMS, Architecture Engineering & Construction Project Management application, and Geographic Information Systems. Development will consist of an environment utilizing Visual Studio Enterprise 2017, TFS, IIS, Oracle 12, and SQL Server. This candidate will be responsible for enhancing our current intranet, as well as migrating existing client server applications to web-based applications. Candidate must be well suited to work in a fast paced environment that is constantly changing.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in ASP.NET MVC framework using bootstrap and using responsive design techniques.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL database development and ability to compose complex queries.
- Must be respectful and collaborative.
- Solid and effective written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in data manipulation and extraction techniques.
- Must have a history of delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Must be solutions-based and have a history of being proactive.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Ability to work in a dynamic development environment and adjust to frequently-changing priorities and project plans.
- Ability to work effectively with management, team members, and colleagues from other departments and projects.
- Demonstrated strong, independent initiative and the ability to work well within teams.
- Ability to analyze and resolve user problems with applications.
- Experience and enthusiasm for Agile software delivery practices.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google App Engine), AI, and IoT.
- Experience developing unit tests using FakeItEasy and MSTest.
- Experience with LINQ, StructureMap, Entity Framework, Angularjs, LESS, and Typescript.
- Experience writing cross platform mobile development with Xamarin and mobile applications.
- ARCGIS and ESRI experience.
- Telerik/DevExpress experience.
- TFS Administration experience.
- PL/SQL Development experience.
- Sharepoint development experience.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Facilities and Operations seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.