Brighton Center for Specialty Care
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care is the newest University of Michigan Ambulatory Care facility dedicated to providing high quality health care services for adults and children. The brand new 2-story facility is located at 7500 Challis Rd. Brighton, MI. We are actively seeking compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-oriented individuals who will share in the goal of creating the ideal experience for our patients, families and employees.
The Brighton Center for Specialty Care will open in September of 2018. The clinician selected for this position will begin their Michigan Medicine employment and training in early summer at the Pediatric Rehabilitation Center, which is located at 2205 Commonwealth Blvd. Ann Arbor, MI 48105. This position will transition to the Brighton Center for Specialty Care upon its opening.
Why join the Michigan Medicine Pediatric Physical Therapy Team?
As a Pediatric Physical Therapist at Michigan Medicine, you will evaluate and treat infants, children, adolescents, and teenagers with a variety of neurological and orthopedic disorders and disabilities. You will provide treatments individually designed for each patient to restore and maximize performance using appropriate pediatric exercises and modalities. Ours Peds PTs are a deeply dynamic group of experts who work together as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide a comprehensive experience for our patients and their families. In addition to providing direct patient care, you will also be involved in developing pediatric programs in conjunction with other healthcare professionals and the hospital clinic. If you are passionate about rehab care, in particular with pediatric treatments, please apply today.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Generous PTO program
- Exposure to innovative and new state of the art technology used in treatments
What skills will you master?
- You will confidently develop focused individually designed treatment plans based on the patient’s functional goals
- You will interpret referrals and ensure necessary precautions are identified to ensure that appropriate physical therapy evaluation and treatment can be provided
- You will effectively use Peabody, GMFM, BOT2 and other pediatric tests
- You will be proficient at serial casting, Kinesiotape, and rigid tape techniques
What are the required qualifications?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy or MSPT or DPT degree is necessary
- Completion of an accredited Physical Therapy Program and Clinical Internship is necessary
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the State of Michigan is necessary or the position can be underfilled with a candidate that does not yet have possession of current State license to practice Physical Therapy in Michigan
- Minimum 1 year of experience in pediatric physical therapy
What are the preferred qualifications?
- Possession of APTA Specialty Board Certification in Pediatrics (PCS)
- Completion of accredited pediatric Physical Therapy residency
This is a fulltime, 40 hour per week position. Clinic hours of operation are Monday through Friday, Facility Hours are Monday- Friday 7:00 AM-7:00 PM and Saturdays 7AM – 12:30 PM. Saturdays would not be required for this position, but applicants must have availability to work within the hours of operation Monday-Friday.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together improve our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
External Applicants: Please note that for the first phase of this posting, we will be considering internal candidates only in an effort to offer advancement opportunities. You are still able to submit your resume for consideration, but our process for external candidates will begin approximately 30-days after the posting date.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.