Why work for Michigan Medicine?
You will play an integral role within our institution, and we are important to providing the highest quality service to patients and their loved ones. We are eager to assist you in becoming a well-rounded employee and individual, and to help you advance in your career. Don't hesitate - join our team today, and help us provide remarkable assistance to our patients in the Brighton area.
What perks and benefits can you look forward to?
- Excellenet medical, dental and vision coverage
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- 75% Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time off (PTO) and Paid Holidays
- Continuous direct patient contact
- Collaborative work environment
- Management that provides quality training and direction
As a Medical Assistant in General Medicine at the Brighton Health Center, you will work with primary care teams to manage patient flow in a fast paced outpatient setting. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Performing patient intakes and gather informaton
- Providing direct patient care such as specimen processing, bench lab testing, EKGs, and more.
- Entering information in our MiChart system
- Preparing patients for procedures
- Administering medications
- Providing clinical support o Physicians
- Following up with patients
- Managing prescriptions
- Other duties assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Graduation from Medical Assistant program or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have good attendance and exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team setting
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills
- 0 - 1 year of experience
- 1 - 3 years of experience
- Additional formal education in a health care field or certification as a Medical Assistant
- An interest in or exposure to lean thinking or process improvement
- Respond positively to change and show willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work
- Experience working within a large, complex health care setting
- Familiarity with Michigan Medicine's electronic health record systems
- Knowledge of university policies and procedures
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
You will be required to do some moderate standing and walking, as well as lift, position, push, and/ or transfer patients.
What will your work schedule look like?
This is a full-time, 40 hours per week position.Shifts will be a combination of days and evenings Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday rotation.
8001 Challis Rd
Brighton, MI 48116
You will be trained within the department by one of our tenured Medical Assistants.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.