How to Apply
The School for Environment and Sustainability (SEAS) is an exciting new School at the University of Michigan dedicated to studying problems and issues at the interface of environment and society.
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. However, reviews will start and preference will be given to those who apply by June 8, 2018.
SEAS is seeking an experienced professional to work as part of a high-functioning team in the school's Office of Academic Programs (OAP) in the role of Student Administration Assistant, focusing on student engagement and support services. Specifically, we seek a positive and self- reliant individual that will be responsible for welcome desk and various administrative duties to support SEAS students and OAP staff. The individual in this position represents SEAS and its mission to many audiences and must perform responsibly and professionally, and exercise excellent judgment in dealing with the many internal and external constituencies. This position reports to the Director of the Office of Academic Programs.
- Lead and staff the Welcome Desk in the Office of Academic Programs including greeting and directing people, answering the SEAS main phone line, and opening/closing the office.
- Reconcile purchasing card expenses, prepare and process travel reimbursements and hosting expense reports. Perform data entry and create excel documents in support of SEAS financial aid processes as needed.
- Prepare confidential correspondence and coordinate schedules and communication for the Director of OAP. Create and maintain spreadsheets, tracking reports, mail merge letters, surveys, announcements, and form letters.
- Provide assistance for OAP related events. Provide administrative support to OAP staff as assigned. Provide general clerical support for the various functional areas of the Office of Academic Programs. Other duties as assigned.
- Perform general office duties such as copy machine support, supply monitoring, and ordering, and support the continuous transition to electronic files
- Support the website improvement process.
- An associate's degree and at least two years of customer service focused administrative support experience with a dedication to quality and service, and 2-4 years highly desired, of relevant administrative experience preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks, ability to work independently and collaboratively, exercise initiative as a critical member of a student-centered team, and function in a dynamic environment with frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and listening.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of faculty, staff, and students, providing a high level of customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A quick learner with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, patience, and collaborative work-style, and experience working in a team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and sound judgment, follow established procedures, and take the appropriate initiative.
- The desire to work in a student-centered office that places a high value on the environment, sustainability and higher education.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A reasonable knowledge of University policies, procedures and practices, particularly in academics.
- Some Proficiency with University of Michigan information technology enterprise systems such as M- Pathways (PeopleSoft), Business Objects, Concur and M-Reports.
- Experience updating websites and familiarity with the Adobe Experience Manager Web Content Management System is also preferred.
- Experience with email management systems such as Constant Contact and Yet Another Mail Merge(YAMM).
- Experience with Qualtrics and/or other online survey form systems.
8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Mon-Fri
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
At SEAS we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and equitable environment that respects diverse experiences, promotes generous listening and communications, and discourages and restoratively respond to acts of discrimination, harassment, or injustice. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is deeply rooted? in? our values for a sustainable and just society
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.