How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
This is an hourly position for a current UM-Dearborn undergraduate student (work-study preferred). The Office of Graduate Studies is seeking a candidate able to begin the end of August or beginning of September (working approximately 15 to 20 hours per week) and able to continue employment throughout the 2018-2019 academic year. Hours may vary based on time of year and we will adjust each term around course schedules, though an average of 15 hours can be expected. The starting pay rate for the position is $9.25 per hour. Prefer candidate able to work in minimum of two hour time blocks during the work day. We are open 8 am to 5 pm every weekday, except Thursdays when we are open 8 am to 7 pm. It is not mandatory that this hire work late Thursdays, but if it worked out to do so, it would be helpful.
The Graduate Admissions Student Associate will perform detail-oriented office tasks with a high level of accuracy and quality. Requirements include:
- Current undergraduate degree-seeking student at UM-Dearborn
- Minimum cumulative UM-Dearborn GPA of 3.0 and must maintain that GPA during the time employed
- Work study eligibility preferred
- Lack of judicial or honors offenses
- Accurate data entry typing skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to accurately and dependably electronically scan and appropriately link admission documents
- Must follow confidentiality guidelines when handling private and personal information
- Sort and handle incoming mail
- Deliver documents to other departments on campus
- Provide office back-up answering phones and attending to office visitors when needed
- Desire to assist others and provide excellent customer service as an individual and as part of a team
- May respond to prospective graduate student email inquiries
- May assist with office event preparation and set-up
- Additional duties as assigned
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.