The Shiawassee River Water Trail Coalition started in 2016 and is managed by three separate management teams (Keepers of the Shiawassee; Friends of the Shiawassee River; Headwaters Trails). The Coalition aims to have the Shiawassee River Water Trail designated as a National Water Trail. A water trail is a recreational paddling route along a body of water. The Coalition needs help to develop a strategic plan to achieve this end while developing the water trail to accelerate the local economies along it. We intend on helping to create a strategic planning steering committee composed of representatives from the Coalition with a defined roadmap to assemble pertinent elements. This position is expected to be from June 27 - August 15, 2018.
- Prepare for strategic planning meetings by reading pertinent literature (provided by principal investigator)
- Assist with strategic planning meetings
- Take notes at meetings
- Travel to meet Coalition stakeholders
- Distribute and collect survey results
- Organizing data in Excel and assisting with analysis
- Helping to create strategic plan outline
- Giving final presentation to the Coalition
- Enrolled UM-Flint graduate student in the MPA program
- Access to personal transportation
- Good note-taking skills
- Ability to work independently and take direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Moderate abilities in Excel
- Some experience with Qualtrics software
- Some experience with strategic planning including taking PUB 502
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.