How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume in one combined file to be considered.
The University of Michigan-Dearborn is looking for a Customer Service Assistant in the Office of Graduate Studies, housed within the Office of the Provost. The chosen candidate will provide exceptional service and support for the activities of the Graduate Studies Office. A primary focus area will be customer service to graduate applicants, responding to the needs of walk-ins and inquiries received through phone and email. The position will assist with the processing of graduate applications as time allows. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Graduate Studies.
- Field incoming calls. Resolve routine questions and problems and refer more complex issues.
- Provide stellar customer service to prospective students, responding to their admissions-related questions and proactively assisting them with their needs. Requires knowledge of 50 specific graduate program admissions policies. Requires use of student information system, CRM system, and imaging system to review current status and materials received.
- Liaise with all four colleges and relevant graduate program contacts, referring prospective students and applicants to the appropriate contact for academic-related questions.
- Support coordinated, student friendly processing of electronic graduate applications utilizing Banner, Salesforce, and Perceptive Content systems. May include review and processing of related supporting documents and use of imaging system to scan and link documents.
- Make true copies of admission documents.
- Assist with events such as university-wide orientations and open houses as needed.
- Assist with marketing and recruitment activities as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned including basic office support, scheduling of meetings for director, transcription of meeting minutes, website content updates, processing of degree audit exceptions, and catalog updates.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with faculty, staff, applicants, students, and the public in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience in an office environment handling a high volume of telephone calls, emails, and walk-in visits.
- Experience providing comprehensive responses to customers using written and verbal communication.
- Interpersonal skills with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently with initiative, as well as in a collaborative, team-oriented, office environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to use computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access databases is necessary.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in an academic setting, in particular an admissions office.
- Knowledge of University policies/procedures, Ellucian Banner Student Information System, Salesforce/TargetX CRM System and Perceptive Content imaging system.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.