How to Apply
To be considered for this position, a cover letter is required and should be attached as the first page with your resume. The cover letter should address each of the following points:
- Describe your experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for this position at Domino's Farms Allergy.
- Outline your customer service experiences which would be applicable to this position.
- Describe why you choose a career in the healthcare field?
Provide check in and checkout support for Primary and Specialty Care. Provide exceptional customer service to patients and families by facilitating business processes that result in the management of efficient patient flow in a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include: appointment, test, and order scheduling. Process all patient payments (co-pays and outstanding balances) including: confirmation of patient charges, collection of payments, balancing of receipts and the reconciliation of cash collections Navigate electronic medical record; maintain business work queues, and inbasket management. Verify and update patient information, obtain referrals and/or authorizations. Respond to inquiries concerning department programs, services and activities. Provide general information to staff and patients.
- Required Qualifications for a Patient Service Associate: High School Diploma and 2-3 years experience
- Required Qualifciations for a Patient Service Assistant: High School Diploma and 0-2 years experience
- Candidate must be an active team player with the ability to work independently; possess strong organization and prioritization skill; ability to handle multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills.
- The selected individual must also have excellent attendance.
- Individual must exhibit a professional and positive image when interacting with patients, faculty and staff.
- Must also adhere to a high standard of personal and professional conduct; possess excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills; and demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse population.
- Ability to work effectively with a multidisciplinary team, proficient computer and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated active listening, written, verbal, and information technology skills.
- Experience within an Ambulatory setting
- Experience with an electronic medical record
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Experience working within a large, complex healthcare setting.
Shift/Hours/Days: Days/Monday – Friday/hrs may vary/ 7:30am – 6:00pm
Domino’s Farms Allergy & Immunology
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.