How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
- Manage day to day functions of the ID office
- Organize and prepare materials for specified meetings and conferences
- Process travel arrangements/reimbursements for Division Director, other faculty, fellows and visitors to the division
- Order and receive supplies, maintain office equipment and process various forms
- Maintain Division Director and select faculty calendars
- Escort visitors as needed
- Coordinate house officer rotation schedules, physicians’ schedules, or fellowship programs
- Process electronic timekeeping for select bi-weekly and monthly employees
- PCard reconciliation for select faculty and/or non-laboratory expenses
- Renew and process dues, subscription renewals, and license payments
- Process PO and non-PO vouchers
- Fellowship Coordinator for ID fellows – coordinate, track and follow up on the organization and management of application materials, attend departmental and GME meetings, provide staff support for quarterly meetings, respond to inquiries from potential fellowship applicants, coordinate candidate visit/interviews/escorting, maintain fellow recruitment filing system
- Use ERAS for the fellowship application process
- Process paperwork for J1 fellows for ECFMG via EVN
- MedHub – manage all aspects of ID MedHub system, including rotation schedules, clinics, on call coverage, conference schedules, logging of duty hours, vacations, research, weekly PID meetings, send out evaluations to faculty and fellows, run monthly reports
- Scholarship Oversight Committee – provide staff support for fellows, participate in and prepare for accreditation process, verify and update required web sites (ie: ACGME). Send out info for our fellowship program to various possible fellowship sources for listing our fellowship program such as CareerMD, FRIEDA, PIDS
- Complete and submit fellowship program reports and updates as required by GME and ACGME
- Monitor fellowship website and update as necessary
- A high school diploma including courses in secretarial science, bookkeeping, or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to four years of highly responsible secretarial/administrative experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to organize/prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- Ability to exercise good judgment and work both independently and as a member of our team
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience with Concur, MarketSite and other University business systems
- An Associate/Bachelor degree in secretarial science, administration or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Reasonable knowledge of University Hospital policies and procedures
- At least one year of experience in a hospital or clinical setting
Evidence of qualifications is provided by previous employment, reference checks and performance evaluation
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.