Seeking temporary research assistant to support Department of Pediatrics faculty investigator team on grant-funded intervention project aimed at improving resident healthcare communication with patients and families during inpatient medical rounding.
- Identify and recruit research subjects for intervention based research study. Track participants and data collection over time.
- Enter research data and manipulate research datasets in a variety of softwares including Excel, SPSS, and REDCap. Collect, proof, and manage demographic and clinical information from point of entry through data analysis and presentation.
- Regularly and precisely manage follow-up data collection using Excel, SPSS and REDCap.
- Reimburse completed study participants.
- Manage research related supplies.
- Assist with preparation and continuing review of Institutional Review Board documentation for research studies.
- Organize a monthly team research meeting – set schedule, keep minutes, manage tasks.
- Assist in literature reviews and preparation of papers and presentations.
This job requires a high degree of independence and professionalism with patient-facing responsibilities in C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital. Research assistant will interact with patients and families in the hospital setting. Knowledge of clinical research activities from effective study design through IRB approval, study conduct, and data capture/analysis/presentation is required.
Previous experience in medical settings and working with children is strongly desired.
BA/BS degree desired, but not required.
One-year position with potential for renewal. Weekly hours will vary with more hours expected in July-September and March-June. Weekly hours expected to range from 10-20 hours per week.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.