Faculty Educator Support Tasks:
- Coordinate schedule, calendar, and meetings
- Prepare travel itineraries and expense reports.
- Transcription and editorial work related to CV, manuscripts, abstracts, chapters, papers, articles, grant documents including grant budgets, itineraries and agendas
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Faculty Education
- Prepare meetings for Faculty Educator as requested, review upcoming schedule, pending requests, project status updates, obtain additional tasks, feedback, etc.
Department Admin Office Tasks (interchangeable with Faculty Education tasks):
- Provide coverage for unavailable administrative assistants in the Chairman Suite.
- Assist with multiple calendars, appointments, arranging meetings, contacting faculty members in the department as requested.
- Assist with agendas, printing, arranging meals for recurring meetings as requested. Aramark/Einstein Bros access required.
- Provide backup for transcription of letters, manuscript reviews, etc. as requested.
- Manage courier services on behalf of the Administrative Office, arrange for special deliveries as needed.
- Department contact for provider enrollment and credentialing process with Faculty Affairs and Provider Enrollment for all sections in the DOS.
- Internal Promotion Advisory Committee Coordinator working with the Chair of IPAC and committee Members.
- Process new faculty paperwork through M-recruit and M-ACE online systems.
- Maintain Award Plaques in Surgery Library as well as hallway section signage as needed using Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of MiChart documentation
- Update DOS Faculty Roster spreadsheet and phone roster as needed
- Process travel reimbursements and honorariums as needed
- Help coordinate travel for visitors
- Help assist with department events when needed
Perform special projects as assigned by Supervisor
- High school diploma with considerable progressive administrative assistance experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel, Endnote)
- Must be able to utilize discretion and judgement regarding sensitive and/or confidential matters.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to successfully complete multiple tasks with an established deadline
- Familiarity with Concur, MiChart, MPathways, Schedulon, Wolverine Access, Illustrator
- Associate/Bachelor’s degree preferred with 3-5 years of progressively responsible work experience in an administrative assistant capacity.
- Proven ability to work well with faculty, staff and have attention to detail, dependability, and ability to work independently as well as on a team.
Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.