How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The Facility Supervisor position is intended to provide individuals with an extension of their experience/studies in facility operation management and maintenance. This position will be responsible for supervising both the facility and staff during assigned shifts at Yost Ice Arena and Wilpon Complex. This experience will prepare the individual for a position as a facility worker, manager, or support staff.
- Assist with ice installation/removal at Yost Ice Arena.
- Assist with ice maintenance through Zamboni driving, hand edging, machine edging, and compressor monitoring.
- Execute proper opening/closing procedures at Yost Ice Arena and Wilpon Complex.
- Manage all aspects of Yost Ice Arena concession stand and vending including ordering, inventory, revenue generation, budget oversight and staff supervision.
- Oversee Yost Ice Arena skate shop by maintaining skates, updating skate sharpening logs, sharpening skates, and ensuring daily organization through policies/procedures. Budget for replacement of skates at the end of season.
- Assist with supervision of custodial staff.
- Assist with hiring/supervision of student operations staff to assist with custodial and maintenance efforts.
- Oversee social media accounts for Yost Ice Arena and Michigan Grounds Crew.
- Provide support for University of Michigan Varsity events through game day opening procedures, on ice support staff, or assisting with custodial supervision and event management.
- Other duties as assigned by Facility Manager and Associate Managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (May be used as practicum to finish degree).
- Prior experience in Facility operations, grounds, or related experience.
- Proficient with general computer applications.
- Successful experience working in a team environment.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all team members and customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and manage changing demands.
- Knowledge of NCAA and Big Ten Compliance rules.
- Knowledge of OSEH Safety Programs.
- Must work nights, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to effectively and persuasively communicate with many varied audiences: Coaches, staff, student-athletes, customers, vendors, fans, etc.
- Ability to quickly and successfully diffuse, manage and resolve conflict situations.
- Ability to promote a team atmosphere with all employees.
- Ability to enhance innovation and new ideas with all team members.
- Experience working within a Division I University environment.
- Experience working with the public dealing with a wide range of customers.
This job posting is for a University of Michigan Temporary position. Temporary employment may be full or part time, but in either case is limited in duration. Please review the full posting description for details.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.