Serve as a barcode team member in the Unit for Laboratory Animal Medicine reporting to the ULAM Director of Business Operations and ULAM Faculty Leadership.
eRAM database reporting, updates and maintenance
- Maintains appropriate census records for animal inventories
- Creates barcode stickers by request to document census activities
- Processes transfers in eRAM and protocols in the field
- Activates and deactivates barcode stickers in eRAM
- Creates Quick Cards for non-breeding cages when an active care card is needed and no breeding sheets are available
- Creates, distributes, and activates breeding sheets. Places appropriate breeding sheet in binders in each animal room
- Follows appropriate guidelines for breeding colony cages and biohazard transfers
- Reconciles data gathered with information existing in eRAM
Other Assigned Activities
- Provides cage scanning in assigned areas
- Files and digitizes barcode documentation records
- Appropriately implements Holding Policy/Protocol for expired protocols. Communicates changes to PI and husbandry staff
- Applies appropriate skill level to this position within assigned functional areas
- Performs other duties as assigned by the ULAM Leadership Team
- Works under minimal supervision
- High School Diploma required or College Degree desired
- 0-2 years of experience in a similar position
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
- Under UFSA, incumbents in this position meet the criteria for non-exempt status
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.