The Shah Lab in the Department of Molecular & Integrative Physiology is in search of a Research Laboratory Technician Associate. The position will be responsible for carrying out experiments under the general direction of faculty. This is a full time position beginning immediately and the selected candidate will be expected to make at least a two year commitment. In addition to participating in research activities, the selected candidate will for mouse colony management capable of running a 300 cage mouse colony and is reliable/comfortable with mouse physiologic testing as well as basic genotyping. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Will be involved in research duties
Lab ordering and maintenance
- Training undergrads
- Assisting postdocs and graduate students
- Mouse colony Management
• Bachelor's degree in biological science or related field with 0-1 years experience; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Basic knowledge of Physiology.
• Must be proficient with computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Graphpad Prism.
• Must be able to work effectively with other lab members and be a team player.
• Candidate must be punctual, detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
• Reasonable knowledge of rodent handling techniques and care of laboratory animals.
• Experience general laboratory procedures, PCR, gel electrophoresis, making buffers etc.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.