How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position
The Kresge Hearing Research Institute is seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong interest in research. The Waldhaus laboratory studies the molecular and cellular basis of auditory hair cell development and regeneration using state of the art techniques. Successful candidate will perform experiments with transgenic mice, including histology, microscopy, molecular analysis, flow sorting as well as management of the mouse colony with the authority to make independent decisions on matters of significance. The candidate will be involved in studies using mice and primary tissue. The individual will also be expected to contribute to the management of the laboratory, train junior lab personnel and act as a lab liaison with the administrative staff of KHRI. Have 4 to 5 years of hands-on laboratory experience is expected. Masters required, PhD desired.
- MS in Biology (PhD in cell/molecular biology desirable).
- 4-5 years of related experience.
- Experience in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, quantitative PCR, in situ hybridization and molecular cloning.
- Experience in flow sorting
- Experience in handling of mice.
- Experience and knowledge on histological staining highly desirable.
- Familiarity with laboratory maintenance and organization.
- Experience with organized lab notebook for various studies going on simultaneously.
- Experience with maintaining a lab and equipment calibrations; create buffers and other reagents; ordered additional lab supplies when needed.
- Experience in training lab personnel.
- Ability to work independently and to manage multiple research projects simultaneously.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a collaborative environment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of patients, populations and communities though excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, national and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education, and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.