How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
NOTE: this is a .8 FTE position
- Oversight of safety and regulatory compliance with OSEH and various other agencies related to both animal and human subject research specimen in cellular and molecular immunology
- Oversight for the day to day operation of the laboratory and support personnel
- Responsible for accurate record keeping
- Participate in laboratory meetings
- Interact with collaborators as necessary to provide interpretation of study results
- Communicate and make recommendations to other scientists on the team
- Train personnel in existing laboratory techniques and procedures, explain and demonstrate technology and equipment capabilities, operation limitation and outcomes
- Participate in formulating research methods and suggest options for improving quality
- Conduct experiments using biochemical, cellular biology and immunology assays
- Assist other team members in their projects
- Independently implement technical procedures for assignments
- BA or BS in discipline related to the position
- Minimum of 5 years’ laboratory experience
- Exceptional work ethic in a highly competitive environment
- Ability to communicate clearly the results of his/her experiments to other team members
- Working knowledge of principles in molecular biology, microbiology and immunology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Familiarity with basic laboratory instrumentation and maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Proficient in record keeping
- Familiarity with University research administration policies and procedures
- Hands on skills and experience in immunological, biochemical and molecular techniques including isolation of primary cells, flow cytometry, quantification of mRNA (qPCR) and protein expression, ELISA, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, multiplex assays, biochemical and cellular screening assays and experience with animal models
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.