The person in this position will work with the PI to provide leadership in the laboratory and to further the goals of the laboratory by independently executing research projects.
- Assist the PI in development of research goals
- Design, conduct, and interpret experiments that will further the research goals
- Create and maintain mouse lines needed for the lab's research
- Participate in writing of manuscripts
- Train other laboratory personnel in operation of equipment and experimental protocols
- Maintain laboratory equipment and reagents
- Bachelor's degree
- 4-5 years of experience in a related field
- Doctoral degree
- Experience with mouse breeding, genotyping, molecular biology techniques, and whole-cell recording
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.