Reporting to the SOA Supervisor, this position is responsible for processing accounting transactions received by the SSC and completing all associated tasks. This position specifically will be tasked with statement of activity (SOA) work within Accounting.
- Knowledge of and adhere to University of Michigan policies and procedures
- Complete journal entries
- Correct general ledger and procurement errors; work directly with units to fix errors
- Assist with reporting as requested
- Respond to inquiries from assigned schools and colleges
- Investigate exceptions to SOA reconciliations by reviewing necessary transactions and resolving with appropriate school, unit, or department
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree or related experience in accounting
- 1-2 years experience in an office setting
- Some knowledge of Accounting processes and systems
- Demonstrated history of building relationships in the workplace
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Willingness to deliver excellent customer service
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively delivering high quality work output
- Proficient standard office computer skills with (i.e. Microsoft Office , Google)
Shared Services Center seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan, to sustain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.