How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position, your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
About the Department
The Office of Marketing and Communications houses brand management, communications and creative teams that develop and execute marketing strategies across an array of media - including print, web, email, social media, mobile, advertising, public relations, and direct marketing channels - to reach the school’s primary external audiences (prospective students, alumni, donors and prospective donors, corporate partners, and the media) and internal audiences (faculty, staff, students and the wider University community).
The Marketing Analyst is responsible for evaluating and optimizing marketing campaigns, identifying and providing insights and recommendations based on data, and performing in-depth analysis of specific issues in order to understand and improve marketing communications strategies and tactics. The Marketing Analyst will create and maintain marketing dashboards, and serve as primary analytic lead for the school’s web analytics data. This individual will employ their analytical skills and strong presentation skills to uncover insights that add precision and efficiency to on-going and new campaigns and web properties. All of these efforts support the marketing communications efforts of the school, and the work of the Office of Marketing & Communications. The position reports to the Director of Marketing Intelligence.
Reporting & Analytics
- Develop and deliver reporting and analysis to support strategic marketing plans and partner with the Michigan Ross brand management team. Work with data from multiple sources (media agency and paid media properties, CRM systems, Google Analytics/web tools, internal databases, etc.) and utilize solid understanding of data processes, database development and management. Reporting and analysis will consist of (not limited to) monthly reports and executive dashboards, marketing tactics and campaigns (email, web, social, etc.), and partnering with media agency on monthly paid media reporting.
- Work independently, and with internal and external partners, to build custom reports, event tracking, automated reporting, and attribution reporting across domains and channels.
- Support further web development and refinement based on testing and analytics derived from utilizing web testing tools and Google Analytics. Collaborate with internal teams to determine testing plan, key performance indicators and success measures, and final report and recommendations.
- Work independently and with partners to conceptualize the analytics implementation across Michigan Ross website and other channels, currently via Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and other native platforms.
CRM Strategy & Analysis
- Support the marketing CRM platform (Salesforce & Marketing Cloud) including data feeds management, database report and campaign development, administration tasks, and reporting.
- Develop insights and recommendations based on observed campaign performance.
- Develop and execute admissions funnel reporting and be the liaison to the Admissions Operations team.
- Spearhead communications and manage timelines for data and reporting deliverables and tracking/tagging implementations while maintaining relationship with the media agency and analytics partners.
- Forecast for future projects and ad-hoc implementation and reporting requests.
- Contributes to our positive and inclusive work community by building trusting partnerships across the school, continually learning, creating impactful experiences, and working with a sense of ownership for outcomes. Approaches this work with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treating others with respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives of others.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of progressive experience in business, statistics or communications (or equivalent combination of education and professional experience)
- Expertise in marketing reporting, data management, and analysis to derive meaningful insights and recommendations
- Proven quantitative skills
- Experience in digital data analysis using tools like Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills; strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and to exercise initiative
- Team-oriented, flexible and customer-service oriented manner
- Proven ability to successfully interact with a diverse group of people
- Excellent communication skills, diplomacy, discretion, and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a high-stress fast paced environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and database applications, (i.e. PeopleSoft or comparable system) including data entry and report-writing
- Experience developing and deploying live A/B testing for websites
- Experience using data visualization tools like Tableau and Google Data Studio
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management tools (e.g., Salesforce)
- Experience in higher education marketing and analytics
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Requires the ability to travel to various locations to conduct work and deliver materials
- The person in this position routinely presents information at meetings & events
- The person in this position occasionally moves through the facility to attend meetings/events and access files or information
- Domestic travel may be required
- May require work during early mornings, nights, and/or weekends
Michigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect the general nature and level of work assigned to this classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.