- Answer phones in busy Pediatric Neurology clinic office.
- Appointment Scheduling: Able to accurately and efficiently schedule patients utilizing MiChart. Able to identify the best available appointment type to meet the patient and clinic/provider needs and requirements. Able to efficiently navigate MiChart to obtain information needed.
- Information Management: Utilizes MiChart to accurately and appropriately document patient requests including urgent medical problems, prescriptions and other medical needs, and referrals. Mail appointment confirmation and information packet.
- Communication/Telephone Skills: Adheres to established telephone management principles. Able to efficiently navigate the electronic medical record (MiChart) to obtain information needed. Demonstrates good customer service telephone skills.
- Assist with Clinic Follow Up Procedures: Completes and mails information packets and no-show patient letters. Forward referrals to appropriate clinics per ordering physician’s requests.
- Interacts effectively and builds respectful relationships between units and among individuals. Communicates effectively in ways that enhance productivity and builds respectful relationships. Demonstrates active listening, written, verbal and information technology skills. Shares relevant information.
- Assists nursing staff with responding to patient management issues; including returning patient telephone calls, obtaining lab and test results, scheduling tests and other similar tasks as requested. Assists with prescription refill requests, per written protocol.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with multi-line phone
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Work experience in a hospital or clinical setting
- Working knowledge of MiChart or Epic EMR
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities in a busy clinical setting, possessing strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize time in order to manage daily responsibilities in highly specialized department
Work hours - 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.