How to Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates are required to include a cover letter specifying their interest in and qualifications for this position. The cover letter should be the first page of your resume and uploaded as one document.
Assist in the training of central processing staff to enter and process 60,000+ freshman and 5,000 transfer/cross campus applications and evaluate/post transfer credit. Establish and maintain training processes and procedure manuals.
Under the general supervision of a Processing Senior Supervisor.
- Perform general data control, document management and clerical functions relative to undergraduate admissions with 95% accuracy using multiple document formats and M-Pathways student module information system, Perceptive Content system and workflows.
- Code, interpret and enter moderately complex data for prospective applicants.
- Make decisions related to the appropriate routing of materials and relative information requiring consideration of multiple variables.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from staff, students and applicants.
- Provide support for evaluating and posting credits with regards to department and unit rules and regulations.
- Process freshmen, transfer, cross campus, non-degree and guest applications.
- Provide interpretive information to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions staff and serve as an information resource for M-Pathways coding and processing. Report any problems occurring that involve assignments, materials, and procedures; submit ITS Helpdesk tickets as necessary. Serve as a staff member for responding to student inquiries through RightNow, department emails accounts, hardcopy or the lockbox system and/or provide background information to appropriate staff as requested.
- Provide support for outgoing communications for freshmen/transfer students
- Provide general clerical support to other processing areas.
- Assist in the development and revision of unit processes and procedures in response to technological or organizational changes and enhancements.
-Assist in the training of all processes required to complete freshmen, transfer, and cross campus applications.
Major job duties and % of time spent performing duties
- 30% - Process and complete freshmen, transfer, cross campus, non-degree and guest applications according to departmental and unit guidelines and/or update existing information using appropriate panels in M-Pathways system.
- 30% - Provide support regarding the posting and evaluation of credit including assisting in maintaining mailboxes and responding to students/staff through RightNow.
- 10% Provide support regarding letter production and sending communications
- 10% - Assist in running, creating and maintaining reports as assigned by team leader or supervisor.
- 10% - Assist with other general clerical tasks as assigned by team leader or supervisor.
- 10% - Assist in the training of all processes required to complete freshmenm transfer and cross campus applications.
Associate’s degree. Each candidate must earn a math score of at least 70% and data entry experience with 40-45 wpm accurate keyboarding skills. Familiarity/experience with using Windows-based computer programs; proficient and comfortable with working independently on computers and with a variety of applications. Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets and querying software. Demonstrated maturity and ability to make decisions regarding handling procedures for applications and related materials; ability to work independently and to interact with administrative staff, managers, students, parents and other internal and external customers. Reliable and detail oriented.
UM M-Pathways experience with the CSPROD student module, Business Objects, PeopleSoft querying software, Perceptive Content system and workflows. Some knowledge or familiarity with MS Access program. Knowledge of University policies and procedures.
The Office of Enrollment Management (OEM) furthers the mission of the University of Michigan by using a strategic and collaborative approach to recruiting and developing diverse leaders and citizens who challenge the present and enrich the future. OEM carries out this work through four integrated departments that use data and analysis in innovative ways to inform decisions and develop processes that ensure the best possible experience for students, from prospect through graduation. These four departments include the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Office of Financial Aid, Office of New Student Programs, and Office of the Registrar.
OEM values a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to the development of a diverse and culturally intelligent workforce who thrive and contribute to an inclusive environment.
For more information about our DEI mission visit the Enrollment Management website.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.